Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pictures.

First of all I'm posting a picture of some of the people who welcomed me at Narita Airport.

This is Mayako, Yoshie, Me and Alex.  Mayako and Yoshie stayed at our house this summer.  It's no small trip to go to Narita, it's about 1 1/2 hours by train so I really appreciated the time and expense they went to to greet me.  And that, is my wonderful son, Alex.  It was SO GOOD to see him and give him a huge hug.


This was Alex's car trunk and backseat the morning we left for Kamaishi and Ishinomaki.  There was barely room for us! 

The following pictures are people who actually chose things directly from the trunk of the car!  It was raining but that didn't stop these ladies.  Each chose a hat and one also picked a baby sweater for her grandchild.




Here a just a few of the boxes that we mailed off to places that were too far for us to drive to.


Tomorrow I will post pictures of Ishinomaki and Kamaishi and the damage that still remains.  As I said before, I didn't get out of the car and we didn't take pictures of the recipients in those areas.  It just seemed that it would have been too much like we wanted to take advantage of them.  I'm not saying that very well.  It was just so sad, we didn't want to seem like tourists who were just trying to take photos of their sadness.

Thank you so much.  I hope you enjoy the happiness in the faces of the ladies in the pictures above.  That was the reaction everywhere and it wouldn't have happened without all of you!

On another note.  Here's a quick picture of the blanket I finished yesterday for Virginia.  Excuse the dark picture, it's raining cats and dogs here today.  I seem to have brought rain home with me from Japan.  We haven't had rain for a couple of months here in Spokane, until the day I get home!  The blanket is really very bright and I think it will bring cheer as well as warmth to her room in the nursing home.

 It's the Scrumptious Scraps Afghan on Ravelry if any of you would like the pattern.

I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of the damages BEFORE the typhoon in Kamaishi and Ishinomaki.

Blessings,

Betsy

1 comment:

  1. The recipients look so happy! I'm so glad to have been a part of this effort. Looking forward to seeing more photos!

    ReplyDelete