Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tomorrow!

So this is it everyone!  I leave early tomorrow morning for the airport and then I'm off to Japan!  I'm getting so excited for this trip and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when I get home.  My biggest problem right now is trying to get my clothes into one carry-on bag.  Since I'm packing for summer and fall I have to take more than one pair of shoes.  I had only planned on the pair I would be wearing.  There is a LOT of rain falling in Northern Japan right now so I have to plan for that too.  Oh well, I'm not going to the ends of the earth.  If I need something desperately I can always buy it there!

To add to the chaos we decided to buy a camper this week.  We have such good memories of camping with our children in our pop-up camper that we want to do it again.  I've been watching Craigslist faithfully since April and the day after Labor Day, (when camping season is unofficially over in the Northwest), I found a wonderful deal on a 15 year old pop-up.  It has been taken care of very well and stlil has the original curtains, uphostery, etc.  It is all in great condition.  The only thing that will probably have to be replaced soon is the outside awning and that's just from age and weather.

So, to add to my myriad of other last minute details, I have to go to the DMV and register it today.  You only have 5 days after purchase and my DH works 12-13 hour days so he can't do it.  I'm also having lunch at Taco Bell, (isn't THAT fancy?), with a friend who was laid off from her job yesterday.  This darn economy just keeps hitting people we know.  Then we have Bible Study at our house tonight.  My day is pretty well jam-packed.

I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye to all of you though, because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be making this trip.  Thank you, thank you to each and every one of you who contributed a handmade item to go to the shelters.  I appreciate you all so very, very much.  I'll check back as soon as I get home and give you all the details.

Blessings,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment