Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Snow!

So much to tell you all.  Well, I didn't make it to my talk last Saturday.  The pass was actually closed for several hours Friday night because of an accident and I heard they got 19 inches of snow.  So...they Skyped me in!  Oh the wonders of modern technology.  I was able to attend the entire day and hear the other three speakers too!  I even ate lunch at the same time.  My DH went and bought me a hamburger and I watched the ladies eat at their tables while I ate my burger.  Amazing.  They put my face on a screen right next to the power point I had emailed them.  It all went very well and I've had several people email me asking for more information on the charities I knit/crochet for.  And...I got to sleep in my own bed.  The only downside was that I didn't get to hug my grandbabies but they skyped us later too so we got to visit with them.

The picture below was taken last Friday afternoon.  It's a view of Mt. Spokane from our back deck.  I think the ski area will be opening very soon.  Isn't it pretty with the snow just dusting the lower elevations?
We're expecting another 3-5 inches of snow today and another 5-9 inches on Friday.  It looks as if winter has truly set in.  Even the birds are trying to keep warm!  This is a picture of our neighbors house this morning.  The birds were all hundled together but by the time I retrieved my camera some of them had flown away.
I recieved this cornucopia of fresh flowers from my Secret Sister at church on Sunday.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I hope they stay looking this good until Thanksgiving next Thursday.
On the downside I'm sitting on the sofa sick with the "crud".  I have been able to get lots of knitting done this morning but otherwise I've very annoyed by it.  I have no voice at all.  Not even a whisper.  I had to call "Miss E's" mom this morning and tell her I have a temperature of 102F so she probably doesn't want me around a tiny baby.  I really HATE letting people down. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I've started knitting a drop stitch scarf for my Secret Sisters Christmas gift.  I hope she likes it.  It's really soft and bright.  I'll post a picture when it's finished.  I knitted two slouch hats for a father and daughter yesterday.  They're excited to get them-just in time for snow!

See you all again soon-please leave a comment if you would like.  It helps to know you're out there.

Blessings,

Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Envious of the snow pictures. None here yet in Eastern Europe - but I'm not complaining in any way. We've had a wonderfully sunny fall and I've tried to soak in every possible distant ray.
    Hope you feel better soon! And glad you were able to share your well thought out words with the women. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your well wishes and comment Kaylana. It's very nice to hear from you and know I'm not just talking to myself in blog-land! I'm glad you're having a nice fall, we were blessed too until just the past few weeks. I guess it's that time of year for the snow to begin but I don't have to like it!

    Blessings,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete