Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday!!????

Is it possible?  Has it been a week since I posted?  My life has gone crazy since I've started babysitting little "Miss E".  She's a darling but it's like I've given birth to a newborn!  It's amazing how much time they take up.  I have managed to get a few things completed this week though.  DH and I finished our Christmas shopping on Saturday, even the stocking stuffers!  I wrapped everything up today and the gifts are stacked nicely in our bedroom.  I'll put bows and ribbons on them before putting them under the tree once it's up in December.  I detest wrapping gifts so I try to get that done right away so I don't have it "hanging over my head" on my to do list.

I also finished my talk and the power point that goes along with it.  I'm supposed to give it this weekend in Helena, Montana, but a huge winter storm is expected in the mountains of northern Idaho right at the time we're supposed to be driving through them.  We'll have to keep an eye on the weather tomorrow and see if it's smart to head out over the mountains.  Up to a foot of snow is predicted on the passes right now and I don't look forward to driving through that in the dark.  Then another storm is forecast for Sunday afternoon when we would be driving home.

I really was looking forward to this because I was talking about the charity knitting/crocheting that I do and hoped to make some converts!  LOL  No really I was!  There is so much need out there right now with all the disasters that have been hitting not only here in the U.S. but all over the world.  The point I wanted to get across was that even if you don't craft at all, there is SOMETHING that each person can do.  There.  I gave my talk and I didn't even have to leave my warm house!

I'm knitting a slouchy hat right now for a friend at church.  He's recently retired from the sheriffs dept. and he asked if I would knit him a hat like all the kids are wearing.  He figures he can carry a sandwich in the "slouchy" part in the winter and ice to cool him off in the summer!!!!  I hope he's kidding.  So, I'm going to surprise him tomorrow night with his hat.  I'm sure he didn't think I would really knit it for him.  I'll try to get a picture of it for you.

Maybe I'll even have snow pictures after this weekend.  Have a wonderful evening.

Blessings,

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment