Friday, January 20, 2012

It's still Snowing!

Good Morning Everyone!  It's Friday!  Yippee!  And....it's still snowing here in Spokane.  Admittedly, today they are small, teeny tiny flakes but they are still falling from a sky of gray.  We officially have 12 1/2 inches in our backyard according to the snow guage there.  (We choose a flat spot where no drifts form and stick a yardstick in the snow!)  To be fair, we probably actually recieved more snow than what was measured because it was blown around so much.  And here are a few pictures I took this morning while I was out shoveling.

I love the pretty "caps" snow puts on everything when it's freshly fallen.  This it the tub where I plant geraniums in the spring.


 My favorite little tree in the backyard.  Hubby thinks maybe it's dying as it's covered in brown spots.
 Look at the nice cone shape on the fence post!
 And the steps leading off of the deck.  I don't think Chloe will be navigating them for awhile.
Tomorrow is the monthly "craft day" that I have here.  It's usually the third Saturday of the month and ladies come and knit, crochet, embroidery, scrapbook.  Whatever they like to do.  And we visit.  And we eat goodies.  I've been doing this for a few years now.  It's my way of try to bring back the closeness of women in days gone by when there were quilting bees, canning parties, etc.  I think women need that time of bonding and togetherness.  In our busy world it often gets pushed aside.  Does anyone besides me think about the fact that we have all these time saving devices, washers, dryers, microwaves, computers, cell phones...just to name a few?  But we seem to have less time for each other than we ever have.  What in the world are we doing with all that time we've saved with these "time savers?"  Just a thought.

And now, have a lovely weekend and I'll be back again soon.  Stay warm and dry.

Blessings,

Betsy

3 comments:

  1. The snow is beautiful, enjoy! Your monthly craft day sounds lovely, I agree with you that we don't take enough time together to bond. I am defintely guilty of this, I am a homeschooler and I tend to just stay in my home and only focus on my kids and their education...which is good but I don't take the time to keep up with my friends! That is a good resolution for this new year! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy, that looks like our garden did last year. I prefer it in pictures!
    Your crafty get-together sounds lovely and I agree that all the "so called" labour saving advances seem to leave us with less time together.
    However, I do like this opportunity to connect with like-minded friends all over the world.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you be blessed for all the time and love you pour into the creations you make!

    ReplyDelete