Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two posts in One Day! Amazing!

Hello Again!

I found a way to copy a few pictures from my iphone and I also received a package from UPS about 20 minutes ago that I couldn't wait to share with you.  So here goes...more pictures.

The first one is the seagulls coming to our room for breakfast one morning!  Just kidding, although they did love it when I threw bread or cereal out to them.  This particular time, there were hundreds just flying around and up and down the beach!  It felt like the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Birds" at times.
This is a cookbook that I bought at Tillamook Dairy.  It is written by a lady in Yacolt, Washington. Although I haven't tried any recipes yet, I loved all of the family stories and details included in the book.  They are all tried and true recipes from her family with, and this is important to me, ingredients you usually have in your kitchen.  I'm tired of having to go buy some obscure ingredient I will only use one time.  After reading it through, I don't think that it will happen with these recipes.  I can't wait to make something from it.
 We were on the way to pick Brad up at the airport in Portland Friday night when a nasty thunderstorm hit.  No rain was predicted for Friday, only sunshine.  It's funny how often the weatherman is wrong.  Anyway, look at this beautiful double rainbow I caught while speeding down the interstate.  The top rainbow was much brighter only seconds before, but I had to hunt for the camera!
 And finally, look what the UPS man just brought me.  A dear lady I met in Japan last fall sent me a care package!  A beautiful cherry blossom scarf in my favorite color-lavendar.  Also two fans, green tea, a cherry blossom candle, sushi shaped candy and crackers to have with the tea.  Thank you dear Sachinko!  The green tea we get here in the states doesn't compare to the tea in Japan.  That was so thoughtful and unexpected.
Since I wrote this morning, I've been to the post office, nursing home and knitting.  Then I washed the sea salt off the car and came home to trim bushes.  I bought a 10 inch cast iron skillet and griddle while at the coast.  I have them seasoning in the oven now.

All in all, it's been a fairly productive day for me.

I'll see you all again soon.

Blessings,

Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Oh.. tell us more about the cast iron skillet! We have a few of them here that we got from Dayle's parent's house when they moved them into assisted living and all the kids went in and "adopted" things that they wanted or that we gave them as gifts over the years. I do love them. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I loved your ocean picture with all the seagulls. And a full double rainbow is something I have never seen. God does such magnificent work!!!
    When my husband worked for IBM years ago and spent 6 weeks on a project in Japan, he was so blessed by the folks there who sent him home with lovely little gifts. He so appreciated their gracious hosting. I'm glad you are enjoying a special friendship as well.
    Happy cooking with your new finds(:

    ReplyDelete