Monday, July 9, 2012

Camping Fun

Oh my goodness!  We had the BEST time camping this past week.  Although I've been told it's not "camping," it's "RVing"!  Chloe and I went out to the lake early Tuesday morning and I didn't leave until Saturday morning when hubby and I WENT AND BOUGHT A BRAND NEW CAMPER!  Yes, I'm yelling!  I'm screaming with happiness!  I loved our little camper for the original purpose we bought it.  We thought we would be towing it all over the place to different campgrounds and we didn't have a large vehicle so we needed a lightweight trailer.  Now that we're leaving it at the lake however, we decided that while it was still relatively new and we could get our money's worth out of it we could get a bigger one with a bed that's left up all the time, and not tent-like.  The new trailer is all season so we can go out in the spring and stay later in the fall.  The large picture window in the back will overlook the lake.  They will pick up our camper today or tomorrow and then deliver the new one right to our spot on Friday.  I'm so happy.  Here are some pictures of the new one for you.  Here is hubby and I in front of the new trailer

 Larry and Nita kicking back in the rocker by the picture window.
 Hubby pointing out the t.v.!  Not that we plan to use it much. I like the real table and chairs instead of a dinette.  We had a choice and I prefer the table.  The refrigerator on the right is twice as big as our little campers refrigerator.
 A "real" shower!  Yippee!  I was pretty tall for the other one, but I'm not complaining, it worked well.  There is a wardrobe "bump-out".  Nice, because hubby will need to keep dress clothes here for work since we'll be staying there a lot this summer.
 Queen size bed and more cabinets.  So pretty.
 The sofa sleeper looks blue, but it's actually dark brown.  I much prefer the neutral tones over the blues and greens of the trailer we bought about 15 years ago.  I can brighten it up with accessories and change it up if I want to.
 Here's our little camper all set up for the week.  We did have great fun in it and it worked great.
 Hubby and Larry putting together their screen room.  It's an older tent but worked great for shade in our 100 degree heat over the weekend.  There were so many alumium rods for the guys to put together with no instructions.  We were calling them to two stooges. :-) 
 But with much patience and teamwork......
 Ta-dah!   Here they are congratulation each other on a job well done.
 Our view of the lake.
This is the knitting that was accomplished this past week.  Not a lot, but we spent lots of time reading, walking and playing cards. The sweater and socks are done and the hat about 3/4 completed.

Tonight begins Vacation Bible School at our church.   I'm in charge of crafts so it will be a busy few days.  Thursday we have a potluck at our house for our Bible study group, then on Friday we're off to Montana to camp with our grandbabies and their parents.  I can't wait to give hugs all around.

I hope you're all having a lovely week and staying cool wherever you may be. 

Blessings,

Betsy

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice RV. I am impressed! What great times you will have in that. I love the baby layette you are working on. Have fun with your grandkids. We just spent some time with our and it was wonderful. Hope that VBS goes well for you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Betsy, *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on the new RV! It's big and spacious and gorgeous! I know you're going to enjoy that. Hubby wants to know what lake that is. Love your baby outfit. I finally have convinced hubby to fly to see our daughter and GDs in Ohio in October. Have fun!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camp spot looks perfect, Betsy, and your new RV soooo comfy :)
    So glad you are having fun busy times and anticipating more!
    And your knitting inspires me!
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies. Oh, I am so excited. :-). I couldn't believe how much stuff we already had in the first trailer. We'll come home from Montana on Sunday and then Chloe and I will go out to the trailer Monday to unpack and organize everything. Not sure if we'll come home Tuesday or Wednesday.

    The lake is Loon Lake and it's 26 miles from our house in Spokane. It's north heading towards Canada.

    Thanks again for reading by meandering thoughts.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would ever want to go home with such a great place to stay at? Love it! Enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous vehicle and what a lovely place to camp.
    Beautiful layette.
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete