Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Portland!

Happy Wednesday! After a beautiful drive through Washington and along the gorgeous Columbia Gorge in Oregon I arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon. Just look at the picture of Mt. Hood from miles and miles away. The top was covered by clouds and I was driving 65 mph but I still think it's an amazing site.

Next post I'll show pictures of pretty Piper, but first look at the fun we four girls had. We spent a happy few hours at Olive Garden in Gresham, OR. Well over two hours and we could easily have talked much, much longer.

Gracie and Teresa shared their beautiful bunnies. They used the same pattern but each is very unique and precious.

Taci modeled my Pimpeliese Shawl and it was so beautiful on her I gave it to her. She didn't even seem to mind that I've worn it!!! I think it looks beautiful on her.

Then Teresa and Taci gave Gracie an impromptu lesson on her crocheted shawl. Teresa's shawl is done, (her second one), and Gracie's is just begun. I'm planning to buy yarn for my own in the next day or two.

We gave each other little gifts too. Taci made us magnets for our refrigerators. She made one of mine to match the IKEA tins I showed you in my last post. How clever! Teresa gave us each fresh eggs from her wonderful chickens. Yum! Gracie made us each two cup cozies. I'm using mine right now around my cup of hot cocoa.

Thank you girls. Precious gifts all, but your friendship is the greatest gift. I love blogging. Just look at the wonderful friends I've made this way.

We're all planning to meet Friday night at Taci's for knit-night. I'll start my new shawl then because I'll have lots of help with all three coaches there! Fun!

I wish each if you lived close enough to join in our lunches. I've come to cherish each of them and feel so blessed to know them personally.

As I said before, I'll be back soon with Piper news. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

















10 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy! Look at you ladies, having so much fun! I sure do envy you all! I have also had the pleasure of meeting many of my blogging friends, and we have all hit it off famously.
    I love these ladies.....wonderful friends, and so great that you can all get together to share your love of crafting and friendships!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I'm still enjoying the memory of all of us chatting about our crafty endeavors and enjoying lunch together. I look forward to seeing you all again day after tomorrow! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and and wonderful pictures Betsy. I feel so blessed to have met all of you girls and you hold a special place in my heart. Can't wait to see you again this Friday...what a treat to see you twice in one week :) happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have no doubt that you ladies had tons of fun! I think that guy in the background is thinking "what the heck"? :) Ha! Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy! I so wish I lived close to you all so I could join in on all this fun! I am so blessed to have meet each of you through our blogging world. Oh, you all will have a wonderful time at Taci's for knitting night, can't wait to see more fun! I have to agree with what Tammy said, that guys face is priceless!....very funny!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you ladies found each other! I'm there in spirit even if I'm on the other side of the country! I know these times mean to world to you all. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, I think you have bloggers all over the world jealous that you lovely ladies meet up and get along so well. I love the pictures of you all together, what a fun, fun day.
    Hugs to you and that beautiful grandbaby.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ladies! Thank you for your lovely comments. I hadn't even noticed that man in the picture until you pointed him out! Yes, I'm sure he was wondering about us all. I wish each of you could have joined us. The fun would have been multiplied!!

    Teresa and Taci- I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Piper and I went out and visited a yarn store this morning so I'm ready to go on my shawl!

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betsy! I love the photos you got and I am still smiling as I remember the fun we had! Hope all is well with you and yours, and looking forward to more visiting Friday night!
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, you are truly blessed! friends are a treasure forever. Enjoy your visit! If you were here you'd be blown away...literally! the wind is blowing to beat the band. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete