Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Evening Relaxation.

What a lovely, lovely Independence Day celebration we had here at the lake.  I've been here since last Monday with just a quick trip to the vet for Chloe on Wednesday and church today.  Hubby trimmed, edged and mowed the grass today.  I trimmed some bushes and did a few loads of laundry, ironed and paid bills.  Then we were off to the lake!

Now I won't be home again until Wednesday afternoon.  Can you say spoiled?!  That's me!  Hubby has been here since Wednesday evening so it's been extra special to have that time together.  We've been swimming in the lake everyday.  The water is warm and oh so clear. You can see the bottom!

The park provided a great meal for all of the residents on the 4th.  We took side dishes, but they had hamburgers, hot dogs and desserts.  A live band played 60's, 70's and 80's songs and there was dancing on the basketball court. Afterwards there was a huge fireworks display set off in the middle of the lake.  In addition there were big displays by other residents around the lake.  It was amazing!  There was a boat parade that I caught a few pictures of on my other camera. I'll post those Thursday when I can load them on the computer.

Hubby brought my bike up this afternoon for me to ride to the beach during the week.  I could walk but I'm going to try the bike and see if the hills get me.  :-). I didn't ride it at home at all last year because I was here so we thought it may as well be where I am. It's an old-fashioned coaster bike Hubby bought me two years ago.  It has a removable basket I can take into the grocery store and shop with. So cute!

Can you see my toes?  It's a beautiful evening as I sit here browsing the net.  Lazy lady. That's me!
Now it's time for s'mores!!  Yum!

This is the day that The Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Blessings,

Betsy




14 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh...a beautiful day of rest! So glad you are having blessed days :-) xx Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love a lake view! Yours is so beautiful too!!!! What a lovely spot you have to escape to! I certainly do know how much you love it, because I too love our lake!!!!
    But, it is too cold to swim in!!! I used to, but I am too old for the cold lake now!
    I love your bike with the removable market basket too!!!
    Such a lovely life!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are having fun at the lake!

    Enjoy sweet friend.

    blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful summer you are having my dear friend. Sunshine and relaxing days.... Love your toes and the bike is just lovely. Enjoy your beautiful summer days my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to celebrate the holiday - it looks gorgeous at the lake!
    Enjoy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Betsy, I am happy you had a glorious holiday with your hubby.. I reckon you will have lots of fun and good exercise riding your bike.. your camp site looks very relaxing and the perfect place to enjoy the Summer.. Have a great week. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I sound selfish and jealous when I say I want a lake? Well, I do! Such a relaxing time, I am so glad you get to experience it. Your toes look cute too. Have lots of fun and make use of that cute bike too.
    Yesterday our Pastor was talking about being in prayer every day. Sure would be easy to do it there, wouldn't it. Such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all need to come up and enjoy the beautiful lake.
    So glad you are enjoying yourself.
    hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your toes! I think mine need some pretty polish too:)
    I can see you at the lake...what a blessing to be surrounded by God's beautiful creation!
    Blessings,
    Aimee
    PS: I haven't ridden a bike for years--sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing us your fun hang out with a lake view. I'm glad you found your little piece of paradise. Gracie is bringing her sister to visit tomorrow - wish you could join us! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a lovely way to spend an evening! And, York peppermint patties in s'mores!!! I HAVE to try that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah indeed the LORD has made such a great blessing for us each day, enjoy your R and R at the lake Betsy..

    ..and did you see the "pineapple we grew" post too??
    You would b very welcome to have the lemons :D love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is the link:

    http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/pineapple-update-plant-top-have-fruit.html

    love Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to relax! Sounds like you are having lovely days. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete