Friday, August 30, 2013

Gracie and Carolyn!!!!

Pretty Yarn! A gift from Gracie.  The pink is for the mitten project and the beautiful Heritage Mulberry Silk is for a scarf for me. Isn't she the sweetest? 
So here is quick post to let you know that I had a wonderful time with Gracie and her sister Carolyn this morning. They had a very long drive yesterday from Wyoming and ending at our house at almost 10:00 last night. We visited for awhile, but after almost 16 hours in the car, sleep was calling for them!
Gracie and I had a nice long chat over tea this morning while Carolyn slept.

Oh how nice it was to be able to visit for a few hours with no hurry.
After a leisurely breakfast we loaded up their car and headed to Paradise Fibers for yarn therapy. I think it was a good decision.


We rested for awhile in the knitting area and then we had to say our sad good-byes. They headed off to Portland but I'll be seeing her again soon because we have a lunch date planned for October 4 with Teresa and Taci.

Now I'm off to the lake. Have a lovely weekend my friends.
Blessings,
Betsy

9 comments:

  1. The knitting area does look quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun for you to have such super duper visitors! It looks like a fabulous time in the big yarn store! Did you get to Hobby Lobby? I can't believe that they don't have one in Portland. Have fun at the lake and I can't wait to see you and Taci and Gracie for lunch! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful you got to meet and spend time together my dear firmed. It looks like the hobby lobby is just huuuuuge. It seems lime a very fun store. I am so glad you got to do something together... Wish I was there :)
    Can't wait to see you both and Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful thing to stay connected with wonderful blog friends. I met Val over the summer and we connected instantly -- as if we have known each other forever. So fun! Have fun at the lake. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how this blog world of ours has produced such great friendships. Gracie is so sweet and I bet you just loved spending nice, lovely, time together with no hurries. I am sure they loved your yarn shop, it looks like a fantastic place to visit.
    Hugs to you Betsy,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun!!! How I would love to join all of you one of these days! The yarn is so pretty. I can't wait to see them all done up!!!
    Enjoy the lake! That is where we are too!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Betsy, What very lovely yarns you were gifted and in your favorite colors. Isn't just absolutely "Wonderful" how shopping in a yarn shop with "Lovely Friends" always bring a big smile to our faces..

    Now please do tell Betsy what was in that pretty bowl on your Kitchen Table???? So many beautiful shades of Pink. VBG Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We so appreciated the gracious hospitality of Dennis and you, Betsy! Thank you again for a great visit, both at your lovely home and at Paradise Fibers :) I look forward to visiting with you, Teresa and Taci in October when you come to Portland!!!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've never seen a knitting supply store like that. That would be heaven to browse there and sit there too. In fact almost any fibre type craft store would be awesome. (Am visiting from Theresa's blog).

    ReplyDelete