Sunday, August 23, 2015

Piper & Mommy are here!

I haven't been around very much this week because this little girl and her Mommy are here.  We've been busy...

Getting kisses.
Building garages out of Legos for her cars.
And just "goofing" around.
We've gone out to breakfast.
And yesterday the smoke went away long enough for us to go to the lake and wade in the water and take a boat ride.
I found this cute hat a couple of weeks ago.
I love this face.
There has been a little time for knitting after Piper has gone to bed so the shawl is coming along nicely.  It is actually grey, I don't know why it looks blue in this picture.  I have about 280 stitches on the needles at this point.
The fires are still raging and we were stuck inside most of the week.  Friday the smoke was particularly bad.  We couldn't see anything here in town.  At 2:00 in the afternoon it looked like it was 9:00 at night and you needed your headlights.  People who have lived here their entire lives have never seen anything like this.  It was smokey all week, but Friday was the worst.  Yesterday was lots better but today is hazy again.  It depends on where the wind is blowing.  It seems that the eastern 2/3 of the state is on fire and for the first time in history they have asked for civilian volunteers to help fight the fires.  It's all so sad.  We're praying for rain.  It's been a long time since a raindrop fell here.

I hope you're all enjoying the last days of August.  School will be starting soon and summer will end before we know it.  Many people are longing for fall but honestly, I feel like I lost most of this summer with this silly pacemaker surgery and recovery.  I would like a few more months of warm weather...with NO fires please.  I am doing much, much better.  I'm moving my arm more all of the time, still not as much as the other side but it's improving.  Still some pain, but not as bad as before.  All in all, I guess I'm lucky that this technology is available.  They "interrogated" the pacemaker at my Tuesday cardiologist visit and it's working as it was designed to, or so they tell me. :-). 

Please keep the firefighters in your prayers as they fight the fires around the northwest.

"Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."  Jeremiah 32:17

Blessings,
Betsy

15 comments:

  1. Glad you have your Piper and Mandy for awhile now. I'm sure you are enjoying it. You are looking good. The air was filled with smoke on Sat. so I stayed inside except for going to the garage and the mailbox and watering my plants. Still in the air today as well. Megan decided not to go to the coast to be with friends because of the smoke now at the beach and a wildfire in between the two places. Not good! Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable, sounds like you are having a lovely time spending quality time with your daughter and Piper storing up the memories until the next visit. Such a sad, sad time with all these fires raging around you the people affected are in my prayers. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're having a nice time with your girls. Piper looks so much bigger in these pics! What a sweetie. I'm sure there is lots more fun in store for all of you. Take care and enjoy your week, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're enjoying your time with Piper. You look good, and I'm glad you are feeling better too. It seems our bodies just take so much longer to heal the older we get, doesn't it? I know it's that way for me. I've somehow managed to wrench my back and left side...at least that's what I think it is. I've been in a reclining position since yesterday just before lunch. Ouch. I was hoping it would be better when I woke up, but no such luck. Sigh. The smoke has been bad here the last few days and we woke up with it thick in the air again today. We'll be staying inside as well. The stitching pattern on your shawl looks great! I love the gray. I'm going to go try to dig out my hexies and work on those if I find them. I know they're in the garage somewhere! Have a great week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you and your girls are having so much fun. I always love seeing Miss Piper's big smile, she is always so joyful. Prayers for everyone up your way, and you as well sweet friend. I so love the shawl you are working on. I better get busy on mine, too! Blessings to you always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better to enjoy your time with your girls. I wish good weather for you to enjoy a bit more of summer my dear friend. I love your new shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betsy! I'm so happy to see Piper and your daughter there visiting.. I know she is the best medicine for you. I'm sorry you have so many fires and smoke up there. We have a lot here too and at camp it was very smoky and hazy from the Crater Lake fire. What a shame. I never thought I'd be looking forward to rain, but I am. The land needs a drenching and the air needs cleaned. Miss you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the grin on Piper's face says it all. Enjoy your time with your girls..........

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are able to visit with Piper and your daughter. You should heal up really fast now! You're all in my prayers for your surgery, for the fires and all the people affected by them. I love your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my dear Betsy that first picture says it all. So much love to see with your girls there. Piper is getting so big I can hardly believe it! I am glad you are feeling well enough for a visit, don't do too much okay? Enjoy your time and stay safe.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Piper is a cutie. Glad to see you are enjoying yourselves. Such a shame about the fires. I do wish Mother Nature would help out and rain down on all the areas in need. Glad you are doing well. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So awesome to see Miss Piper and you together again! Such a cutie pie and her personality just shines through the pix! Glad to hear you're feeling better now ;-)
    I hope our forecasted rain blessing this weekend makes it up your way and puts an end to all these horrific wildfires.
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of our firefighters have gone across to U.S. and to Canada to fight the fires Betsy, it is really eye sad and you have been inn my thoughts and prayers as it hard when it is that bad, have lived through it in Melbourne on Ash Wednesday ... Ash was falling from the sky the fire was so close and severe in hills around and lives and homes were lost. When teenager we were very near them too, and remember when we lost the sun for some days too.
    Well, Betsy I know would be dead without modern meds and think we can say same for you ... So, praise God for the quality of life they give us and many of us, and as the Lord says "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus." Yes we don't function as well as we may like but as my dad says better than the alternative :)
    Love your verse at the end... And had a huge chuckle over Piper's reaction over my card for Thomas. Hope he liked it he would have it by now.
    What an utter cutie Piper is ... It has been lovely to watch her grow up like she has... Thanks for,sharing your joy with us. I pray you get to go down to the lake and that summer will hang around a little,longer for you...with some rain too where needed.
    Hugs and God bless, dear Betsy,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable face! She looks like a real sweetheart, with just a spice of mischief. :)

    Saying a prayer for all of you there. May God send rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely to have your girls with you - I am sure you are making the very most of every precious moment!

    We watched a programme about the wildfires on British TV this morning, hope that everyone is staying safe and that the fires will be out very soon.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete