Wednesday, May 31, 2017

We Survived the Garage Sale!

Hello everyone!  It's been awhile since I posted, although I have been trying to keep up with everyone's blogs.  The garage sale was a big success and I never could have done it without my wonderful husband.  He lifted, toted and carried everything around.  He even made several deliveries to people's homes when they didn't have a large enough vehicle for their purchases.  He loaded everything that didn't sell into my CRV and I took it to the Goodwill the last day of the sale.  When I got home, he had the tables down and almost everything back to normal.  We kept our pledge of not taking anything back into the house once it came out with the exception of a toolbox and my bicycle.  Those didn't go to the Goodwill because we're taking them to Mandy and Brad in June.  So technically we're not keeping them!  :-)

Last weekend was the Memorial Day weekend and we spent it at the lake.  Dennis drove in on Saturday to mow the lawn and get a haircut and then we came back for church on Sunday before returning to the lake for a few more days.  We are so lucky to be so close to town at our camper.  This is how it looked on Saturday.  We were blessed with warm temperatures and blue, blue skies all weekend.  The boaters, skiers, jet skiers and swimmers were having fun on the water.  Dennis drove the boat while our friend Paul skied a few times.  He said the water was the warmest he ever remembers it being on Memorial Day.  That's our trailer on the right.  Dennis built the steps for me that are much better than the ones that come with the trailers. We have them on both the front and back doors.  They were so popular that he's built several more sets for other people in the campground!  My husband can do anything!
Friday night Dennis and I took a walk to the beach and this was the sight that met our eyes as the sun set.  Isn't it beautiful?
Sunday night we had a big campfire and enjoyed the sunset from the campsite.
The moon was just a tiny crescent.
Five pairs of mittens were finished  during the garage sale.
And a baby blanket.
A second baby blanket was finished this weekend, but I still have the border to finish.  I typically wait until I know if it's a boy or a girl before putting the last row on, but since these two are bound for the Crisis Nursery, I'll put a border on in the next few days.  Sorry they are wrinkled, I haven't washed or blocked them yet.
My Amulet Shawl was down to the last 6 rows when I took this photo, but since then I have finished the knitting and am now casting off.  That will take awhile because there are well over 400 stitches on the needles.
Here is a bit closer look at the beading.  I have really enjoyed knitting this shawl.  I have three more of her patterns and hope to knit them in the future as well.  After I finish binding off, I will wash and block it.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the lacework blocks out.  Selfishly, I think I will be keeping this for myself.
On Monday, Memorial Day I was sitting in my chair at the lake and happened to look up.  This bald eagle was soaring round and round over our campsite.  It literally took my breath away.  Don't you think it was quite a fitting tribute to the meaning of the holiday?
Last Monday night, Dennis and I were alone in the campground and we were sitting on the loveseat looking at the lake and watching the fish jump.  All of the sudden, an eagle swooped down INTO the water, all of the way INTO the water and didn't come up for a long time.  We thought he had drowned!  Then, up he came, and started swimming.  I have never seen an eagle swim before.  Apparently the fish he had caught was so big he couldn't carry it.  He proceeded to swim all of the way across the bay towards where we know they nest every year.  We watched his huge wings propel him 4-5 feet with every powerful stroke.  It was like he was doing the breaststroke!  I have truly never seen anything so awesome in nature before.  So beautiful!

And to finish up the photos, may I present my precious granddaughter, Miss Piper Krumel, student of the week!  Notice she wants to be a Princess when she grows up. :-) Grandpa thought she already is a Princess.  Ha!
I had my semi-annual visit with the cardiologist's office last week.  They called last night and the electro-physician (fancy name for the guy who inserted the pm), had reviewed all of my pacemaker downloads since it was put in two years ago.  To make a long story short, as a result of the review, instead of taking me off some of my medications as I had hoped, they have increased them.  So frustrating.  That's even after losing almost 25 pounds since January.  Not easy to do with next to no exercise because of my back.  Plus the doctor wants me to DECREASE my walking.  They don't believe my pacemaker is causing my issues with tachycardia, (increased heartrate), but my own heart is doing it.  Don't get me wrong. I am very grateful for the medications and I am hopeful that it will help and I will once again be allowed to fly soon to see my kids.

We're still planning to make the over 3000 mile round trip next month to see our family in Nebraska, including Miss Piper and her parents.  I'm really, really, really looking forward to that.

All in all, life is good.  I have a husband who loves me and spoils me completely, (I don't know why), kids and grandkids that I love and I think love me too.  :-) I  have a safe home and can move about freely in my country, which is more than a lot of people have.  I AM grateful.  My prayer is that all of you have lives of peacefulness and contentment.  I am very grateful for each one of you who visits me here.  I hope you have a most wonderful remainder of the week and a blessed weekend.

In this increasingly scary world these are some words that I hold fast to.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you; may the LORD make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; may the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-26

and

"Cast your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Blessings always,
Betsy









22 comments:

  1. I am also doing some "clearing out" this summer. It is work, but great after it is finished! I hope you get your heart issues settled. My dad is a heart patient and it is a lot to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your campfire photo is so beautiful! Congrats on the little Misses accomplishments. There is nothing wrong with being a princess unless you are just waiting for a prince. She doesn't seem like the type to let anyone or anything get in her way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice weather by the lake for you. Your shawl is so pretty. I'll have to find sonething like that to make eventually. Happy to see Miss Piper student of the week. I know you're excited to see her soon. Glad your garage sale went well. Hugs and thanks for sharing your health updates too. God bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your post tonight! Made me happy to see how much you love your camper and life at the lake. The nature you get to see! WOW
    so glad the garage sale was a sucess for you. And those steps on the trailer were really nice. Your shawl is so beautiful and so glad your going to keep it! and so sorry that they had to up your medication, but so glad they can do something to help you! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eagle sightings are so exciting! Last year while camping we saw eagles several times and treasure the memories. Your stitching is lovely, and I especially admire all your bead work on the shawl...really amazing. I am glad you are looking forward to your NE trip in spite of the ups and downs of your healing process. It is wonderful your garage sale was successful! Thanks for sharing the verses and His peace, dear Betsy. ❤️๐Ÿ’œ❤️๐Ÿ’œ❤️๐Ÿ’œ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the sale was a success and you were able to lighten your load of belongings. Dayle and I have been cleaning our room together and going through our armoires and both just donated a LOT of clothing that we didn't wear, some things even brand new. Congrats on Piper's honor, she's so cute and I'm so glad you get to go see her.. it's been too long. We're taking our middle son's youngest boy for a month this summer.. should be busy around here with 3 young lads. I hope the new meds slow down your heart for you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lakeside home has a fabulous view! Do you rent the space or own?

    A swimming eagle? That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you did well with your sale. I wish I had the patience to have a yard sale. And Betsy your husband adores you so let him spoil you☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thrilled to hear your garage sale went well. The photos from the campsite were a delight particularly the sunset. The sighting of the eagle must have been a joy and to see one swim spectacular. As always such beautiful creations, the shawl is stunning. Sorry to hear your visit to review your pacemaker didn't go as well as you had hoped. Such a joy to see the beautiful Princess in the making, she is certainly growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy, you do so much for charity, it definitely is not selfish of you to keep that beautiful shawl for yourself. You deserve it! Congrats on losing 25 lbs, but so sorry to hear they want to increase your medications. And I don't understand how strolling around the lake can be bad for you. It's not like you are running a race. I do hope the day comes soon when everything is stable and you no longer have health and travel restrictions, or adverse reactions to medications. Your story of the eagle is amazing! When they catch a fish, they certainly don't want to let go. Glad to hear the garage sale was a success. And congrats to sweet Miss Piper. Wishing you a HEALTHY new month. Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to get all the stitching done! The view is gorgeous from your 'camp'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh pictures at the lake. I always love it when you share pictures from your lake visits. So pretty out that way. Peaceful looking. Love the stairs your husband made for you, he really can make anything, that is so awesome. Ahh little Miss Piper is so adorable. I will keep praying for you that the doctors will be guided by Him and find out what is causing all your issues so you can be healed once and for all. You are always such a blessing to so many, I hope you realize just how special you are sweet friend. Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your blog especially the Bible verses and the end. I hope that you share your love of the Lord with your friend Teresa Kasner. She never mentions God or Jesus and I feel that she needs Him in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Piper on being student of the week! Your RV lake scene looks so peaceful. I am glad that you can go there to relax. Sorry about not being off some of the meds you had hoped to. Great that you have lost that much weight. I like the verses you have shared. Especially 1st Peter 5:7 Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, dear friend! I am SO sorry to hear that they had to increase your medicines, but oh, so grateful, they were able to figure out you needed that to happen. I do trust the Lord will send healing to you soon, and also make it possible for you to fly to see your dear loved ones. I know you will thoroughly enjoy your upcoming trip, and I can't wait to hear about all of the wonderful adventures you will have. I cant imagine how anxious you are to see little Miss Piper...she is such a doll. Your creations are just amazing, as usual, and I am so thankful your yard sale went well. AND, I am SOOO proud of you for not bringing one thing back in that you took out! Hooray for you!!!! Sending much love and many hugs to you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your lake pictures and the eagle story is amazing! Congrats to Miss Piper - I know you are so proud of her. Hoping the meds work to solve your heart problems.

    ReplyDelete
  17. #1 Not selfish at all to keep that gorgeous shawl. I'm glad it is for YOU!
    #2 Eagles swimming? I have never heard of that. Must google it.
    #3 All of your campground photos are lovely peaceful and a joy to behold
    #4 I'm off to pray and ask my mom to bless you dear HEART

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOu have gotten so much done including the garage sale! Wow, no wonder you have lost 25 pounds Betsy, which I have to say is amazing. So sorry about the medication news but I am glad it is something they think they can fix with an adjustment. The eagles swimming story is incredible. I bet very few people can say they have seen an eagle swim. I think that was a special gift to you. Hugs and think of you often. Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad your garage sale was a success as they are a lot of work! I need to have one but i have big stuff that I can't move out by myself so I may wait until my daughter visits. I hate to ask her on her vacation but she wants me to move and that would help a great deal!
    Your eagle and eagle stories were fantastic! I have never seen or heard them 'swimming'....smart bird though!
    Sorry to hear you're meds got increased and that you are not supposed to walk but thank goodness you can fly! Yay! Your campsite is beautiful and glad you had nice weather. Cute little Miss Piper! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there dear Betsy.
    Read this the day you posted it, no time to comment, only just surfacing briefly at the moment ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I prayed your garage sale would go well, thank you Lord. ❤️
    Thank you Lord too for little Miss Piper and how mightily You've blessed her since those days when she was about two and so unwell, and I believe, by faith, dear Lord, that you're going to work in dear Betsys life and health as we wait upon You. .. for healing and improvement which only You can give.

    Loved the beauties of Gods creation too.. the skies and painted hues, birds soaring, swimming magnificently, and that wee silver slipper moon.. that's what my darling mother called them, she loved a silver slipper moon.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful life, dear sister and friend!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that Piper picture! I am working on a beaded shawl and it's making me a bit crazy as there are over 600 stitches right now. Your baby blankets are lovely, and someone will enjoy having them! Hugs from the other side of the mts.!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is nice to have such a wonderful husband who helps you in all your needs. All the sights looks beautiful. You have done a good job. All the baby blanket and all looks beautiful.

    Take care of your health...

    ReplyDelete