Friday, April 6, 2018

Rainy Friday

Happy Friday!
I hope you're all having a great week.  I know a lot of people are having snow today and I'm SO sorry.  We're having cold and rain, but it could be worse.  Spring will eventually come...or maybe it will go directly into summer.  It has done that before.

 I have brought some spring into our kitchen/dining area/living room with my crochet flower garland.  It makes me very happy to look at it.
I also dug out the shawl I had started a few months ago and then stashed it away because I wasn't enjoying it.  This time it's more fun but still probably not my favorite.  
 The top photo is more true to the actual colors and they aren't colors I usually turn to so that may be the issue.  It's the Beachcomber Shawl by Chelsea Berkompas.  I bought it as a kit on Knit Picks.

I also have another square going for the Cozy Memories Quilt blanket
 A pair of socks in the Hermione pattern which is free on Ravelry.  I like to do the cuffs on each sock, then the heels and finally the foot and toe.  That way both are done at the same time without second sock syndrome.

 I moved my Pioneer Woman measuring bowls to the top of the Hoosier Cabinet for a pop of spring color. 
 Down below is a mix of things that make me happy.   I really love this cabinet.  It's probably my favorite piece of furniture we have after my Grandma's antique washstand.
Chloe also makes me very, very happy.  This is my view from my knitting chair every day.  She is never far from me.  She has grayed around the face this winter. and she's moving much more slowly.  That does NOT make me happy.  I truly love this dog.  She's my constant companion.
I started going to a chiropractor for my back this week.  I've seen him for three "adjustments" so far and he is very optimistic that he can help me.  Friends, I spent the entire weekend having horrible back spasms and unable to move.  I had about 3 hours Sunday morning when they stopped long enough for me to go to church.  I have never gone to a chiropractor before but I am SO, SO hopeful that this will help.  He doesn't want me lifting more than 3 lbs. right now because he says my spine is so week and has been out of alignment for so long it will go out of alignment again easily until it strengthens again.  This is hopefully the last big hurdle before I can have a more active life again.

I hope you all have lovely plans for the weekend.  I still can't eat regular foods but we're planning to meet friends for breakfast tomorrow.  I'm going to try to eat a pancake!  Wish me luck!

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Blessings,|
Betsy

17 comments:

  1. Your sweet little pup looks so cute all cuddled up. It's so hard watching our fur babies age. They don't last long enough-at least the good ones don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually knit my socks the same way (if I have two separate balls of yarn) and it does make knitting a pair seem to go faster. The shawl pattern is pretty, but since you're not in love with the colors, the shawl will make a nice gift when you finish it. Wish you well with your back adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope the chiropractic care will be exactly what you need to get better. Your sweet pup is adorable, I hope she's okay. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Chloe is so sweet looking. Labs are just so loyal and mellow (once they grow up).

    Good luck at the chiro. I used one for my neck and he really did a good job. Said basically what yours said --- nothing strenuous until we get your muscles doing their job and holding you straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also adore your kitchen queen cabinet. I love mine too.. I just wish I could see it better.. it's stuck in our front entry way and isn't been seen to it's best advantage. The Pioneer Woman bowls definitely look good up there. I also think your flower garland brings a spring-y color to your kitchen island. I think the chiropractor just might work the miracle you need. Keep up the good work! Have a super weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, I just prayed for you. I've had back spasms before and they are nust awful! Your yarn is pretty! I just bought some Lion Brand Mandala yarn. It seems that cake yarns are very popular now. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you had rain today as it was very nice on this side of our mountains. We are due for rain and wind tomorrow though. I love your projects! And I need to adopt your sock knitting method as I almost always move on to something else before finishing sock #2. Have a great weekend, and I hope you enjoy that pancake! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That two sock making at the same time boggles my mind which is why knitting never did make sense to me. I tried a couple of times to learn but couldn't get the hang of it. Felt very foreign. A friend here wants me to try again but I'm just not into it. I can barely keep up with crochet and there's so many other projects I really need to do with all the supplies I have on hand. I had to read your previous post to realize that you still aren't able to eat because of the dental surgery. Very sorry to hear that. And to hear that you are still suffering with back pain. A friend's husband has had chronic back pain which required surgery and then he needed a spinal block but his pain continues to return. He just spent a month in India doing holistic healing with food and yoga and is feeling better but the traditional doctor says he needs surgery again. He's trying to do anything to avoid that. Chloe is beautiful and I'm glad you two are able to keep each other company. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Know that you are in our prayers and that you will no longer suffer these awful back spasms. I love the cabinet, such a pretty piece. I am always in awe of your talented sock knitting. Enjoy your pancakes and indeed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Betsy I love that shawl.. such pretty colours but can see why they're not your cup of tea... you like cool colours and they're def warm shades... pretty none the less.
    I pray the Lord will prepare you for when Chloe goes.. He does that you know as we ask Him.
    I saw it with my mum when she passed abd now praying the same for my dad.. that Rom 8:28 would shine brightly at such a time. Our gracious Father God hears our hearts prayers... and yearnings.
    Lovely socks very clever.. must ve amazing to wear hand knitted socks.
    Praying much for back relief for you, darling Betsy... may the Lord bless and healing ve granted you.. glad ypur poor mouth is healing too.
    Big hugs much prayer, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chloe looks so comfortable. I love how our pets take life moment by moment. I'm praying for you and your back. I'm glad that you are posting small things that bring you joy. That can be hard to do when you don't feel well. THe garland is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crocheted banner! SO pretty! Oh, I can understand your love for Chloe! We still hurt when we think of our own, dear, sweet Paige. She was so dear to our hearts...the sweetest dog we had ever known. Enjoy your sweet girl. She looks so friendly and loyal. I hope you are feeling better today and can soon eat and enjoy anything you'd like. Praying for you. God bless you, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree totally with Shaz, He hears our hearts prayers. I am praying that your pain will ease and that you will be able to travel again soon. I know you have lots of loved ones to visit. Your projects are lovely. I do like the shawl colors, I think they are pretty. I wish you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so sad when my Max started to gray at about the age of five. As for chiropractic I am a firm believer! My husband is a retired chiropractor and he has helped so many people with his care. You are in the right spot Betsy. Hope your back feels better my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So hoping that your chiropractic treatments will help. I feel the same way about our little dog as you do yours. Have a nice week-end. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Spring garland and the shawl is beautiful! Hoping your back is doing much, much better. Constant pain is so draining to have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love your Hoosier cabinet! I love that it is painted white, and it looks lovely all dressed for spring! So sorry to hear about your back! Oh that has to be so very miserable! I do hope that the chiropractor will continue to help you! I'm working backwards on your posts, so I am glad that you finished your shawl, that is an amazing accomplishment! Sweet hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete